Norwich, Connecticut History
Lieutenant Commander, Ezra Seals, USN is available to talk about life and growing up in the 1840s and 1850s in the Norwich Area. Ezra lived mainly with his uncle and aunt while his merchant father was sailing to and from India.
While Ezra and his immediate family is complete fiction, the events, people, and items he describes are all historically accurate. Ezra can answer many questions. Among them:
- How much schooling did children have?
- What were schools like - what did a student learn?
- What did children do when they left school?
- What is an indentured servant/slave?
- What did Norwich look like?
- Was there a high school? Was there a library?
- What businesses were there in town?
- What did children wear?
- How did they keep warm in winter?
... and many more!